Our first special guest speaker to be announced for May 20th 2021's Virtual Mental health and Wellbeing Show is……. HOLLY BOURNE!
Holly Bourne is a best-selling author whose books are inspired by young people, her own experiences of everyday sexism, and her passion for getting everyone talking about the importance of mental health. Holly previously worked as a journalist and spent six years as an editor and general agony aunt at a mental health and relationships youth charity. Holly Bourne is now an ambassador for Women’s Aid and is a passionate mental health advocate and proud feminist.
The Stories We Tell About Mental Health
Times bestselling author, Holly Bourne, has built her career writing books that tell the truth about the realities of mental illness, helping her readers feel seen and understood. But how can you write about these issues safely? And what changes are happening in the way we view mental illness that need to be addressed in fiction? Holly talks you through how a trauma-informed approach to mental health informs her fiction, and how we can use stories about imaginary people to explore the realities of our own struggles.
Along with 100+ confirmed seminars including:
- The history of the MHFA Program – it all started with a dog walk
Betty Ann Kitchener
- So, working systemically with families to challenge negative thinking in children and young people?
Tracy Pike MBE
- Families, fitness and Covid-19!
- Eating to be Pain Free
- Leading through the heart of wellbeing: Breaking the barriers of attainment in education
Kelly Hannaghan .
- PTSD – The fall and rise
- Why Every Workplace Needs a Mental Health First Aider
- Survival Tips for Anxiety and Depression
- Creating a Kinder Culture of Trust Drives Employee Energy
- How to start a conversation with someone with low mental health
- What’s co-occurring? The complex needs of someone using substances
- Lessons learnt – when employers don’t manage their workforce mental health
- Why Won't You Eat? (how anorexia consumed me).
Lauren DuPlessis .
- The 40 Day Breathing Plan
Samira Mohamed Ali .
- Understanding Dementia and the needs of carers: what is Dementia and the impact of diagnosis?
- M Factor: Mood and Motivation for Mental Health
Fin O'Regan .
- The Curious Case of ADHD
- Fighting for a Fair Start: Perinatal Mental Health
Sarah Witcombe Hayes
- Fathers' Mental Health
- Surviving addiction and Childhood Trauma: My Story
- Suicide: A Survivor's Story
- Men's Mental Health